Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Touche



some things hit close to home.
like Episode 13 of Scrubs season 8




"You know, I never answered your question earlier about whether you and I will always be doctors: you will. You have this amazing ability to find joy in everything you do. Whether it's an operation you've done a hundred times, or even teaching. But as for me, I know you think it was a big victory figuring out what was wrong with Robyn, but those moments are kind of like eating a piece of chocolate. I enjoy the satisfaction for about ten seconds, and then it's gone. See, the thing that sticks with me, is the look of anguish on a patients face when I give them crappy news. I hold on to that forever. You're a surgeon: you occasionally get to fix people, but I figure out whats wrong with someone and then most the time I can't do anything about it; I just wish them luck dealing with it, or try to keep them alive for a while longer. So, you wanna know if I'll always be a doctor? I'd have to say, I don't know. I'm a doctor now, I will be tomorrow, but I can tell you that, if I'm ever lucky enough to get married, to have some kids, to maybe not need the money, I think I'd walk out of here and never look back." -- Elliot Reid (to Chris Turk)



2 comments:

MOMSY said...

Oh. My. God. I've seen this episode several times, and never realized na oonga, Elliot's musings soooo describe what you and I feel now! Lord! Trins. It's 2010. We HAVE to do something about it this year na talaga. Even if we don't see each other, you know am supporting you in spirit!!!!

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anete Smith