Wednesday, February 27, 2008

MARGARITA TALK ON A FRIDAY NIGHT: Frozen vs. Straight


I went out with Ida last Friday. Well, change venue for me as we headed to Promenade, Greenhills. Most days, I hangout with friends either in Makati or Ortigas so for this particular gimik night, I asked Ida to please please pick a different place. Yay, Greenhills.


Before anything else, it's worth noting that I’ve been trying my very best to cut down on alcohol (for the nth time), and since Ida is not (and was never) much of a drinker, I realized it would be impractical and unsafe to order a bucket of beer. In such a case, heaven knows she’ll probably just consume one bottle and the rest would be mine for the taking. Yeah yeah…but nope. Hence, I just decided to order cocktails. It was Margarita for me that night because they don't have my everdearest Bloody Mary on the menu. Initially, I asked if they serve the Margarita in its frozen form, but the waitress assigned to us informed me that they normally don’t. As I was not in the mood to argue, I just said “oh okay, straight then”. True enough, I just gulped the glass of Margarita as if the same was water. Yikes! This cannot be, this cannot be. Thus, when I ordered my second round, I called another waiter and this time, I insisted that my Margarita be served to me frozen. Thank you, good waiter, thank you for heeding my request.


It took more time before I was able to finish that second glass (as compared to the first one). It was then Ida pointed out to me that it’s a better idea to always order frozen Margarita unless I want to forget about lessening my alcohol intake. In addition to that, I’ll be saving up money because it will take time before I order my next glass. Good point! But who was I kidding? After that second glass, I couldn’t take it any longer. I called out “Beer” :)

Excess: Spicy Sashimi of Gerry’s Grill is really yummy. Might feel as if you’ve a bonfire in your mouth, but it’s really worth it. I mean, especially if you’re going out on a Friday night since seafood is quite popular on Fridays (well at least for this season of Lent). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUT DOWN ON MY BEER MY PWET!!!!