Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Not So Straight Weekend

8 November 2008


Coming from previous night’s Music Box shebang with Mother and Friends (Poma, Bej and Ida), I was ready for another South boarding experience with Lil Pok and Co.


pics from MB night


After initial rounds at Gweilos in Mall of Asia, we were able to convince The Larry and his bestfriend, GJ to go with us to the South. Yay! What we thought was a simple gulp night turned out to be a night of interesting chikahan topics. We were talking about animals as beings and why I find it hard dealing with them; why The Larry is crazy about ‘how I met your mother, and of course, considering the mix, we simply had to talk about sexual preferences. Lil Pok had so much to say about acceptance and being open about one’s true identity. We also had to discuss why sometimes it is better to be in a homosexual relationship than to be in a heterosexual relationship. Well, I couldn’t say much dahil pang heterosexual relationships lang naman ang kerri ng lola mo! Except of course I had to air out my sentiments about homosexuals always being targeted when it comes to topics concerning AIDS and other STI's (and why I think that whole scenario is a big bag full of crap). GJ and Larry naman talked about their friendship. Note: Larry is straight and GJ is gay. They are simply bestfriends. Period. (In fact, GJ has a boyfriend pa nga) Super cute. When I asked GJ how the friendship works, he simply joked about him having straight tendencies. Haha. He explained that he doesn’t have much gay friends. In fact, ang claim ni lola, everytime he’s surrounded by gay people, nagiging homophobic sha bigla! Cute!


Clockwise: Straight na si Lil Pok!; Guess who's gay--Larry and GJ; Proper usage of the word 'tomboy'--Cuz and Kat; Girl Boy Bakla Tomboy


Oh so basta, we'll all go to the pride parade. Though I'm straight, I'm an avid supporter!


Like most gimik days/nights, I got home from the shebang around 6 in the morning.

But unlike most of gimik days/nights, intellectually stimulating conversations were present in this not-so-straight night.







No comments: