Wednesday, August 13, 2008

bang, baby, bang bang


Last Saturday was my target shooting day! Went to PPSC , Fort Bonifacio with Caron, Mercy and Sherwin. Super pressure for me because I know that all of them were so excited to hear me scream! I’m not really scared of guns. In fact, I enjoy firing pistols (finding it hard to reload though). Ang problem lang, they wanted to see me use an armalite! That is so not girly and I find it too war movie-ish kaya I hesitated a bit. But Arnel, the instructor, insisted that I try the M-16 so ayan, nagpapilit naman ako! First shot, mejo kakagulat because after pulling the trigger, tatamaan ka talaga ng gun sa shoulder if the same was not in its proper position prior to taking the shot. So hayun, until now, I still have bruises caused by the M-16. Seems na okay naman ako with the rifle so according to Kuya Jun (another instructor), full auto na natin ha, try mo. Of course, I asked muna, so ano mangyayari pag naka full-auto na? And he said, “Bale instead na BOOM, magiging BOOM BOOM BOOM”. I said okay kse hello, no problem with that naman. So okay, full auto kung full auto!!! So after all the seremonyas in the target shooting world, I pulled the trigger. And there, I screamed the most baklush scream I can ever!! EEEEEEKKKK EEEEEKKKKK EEEEKKKK. Sabi kasi BOOM BOOM BOOM, yun pala BRATATATATATATATAT!!! Hahaha. Everyone was laughing talaga!! Pati ako natawa na rin with myself (as usual!)


Anyways, I had so much fun. Targeting shooting is therapy to the max. There’s something about it that sets me free in more ways than one. You can only imagine what goes on inside my head right before I pull the trigger. Sabi nga ng instructor, okay ako mag shoot ng target, as in 3 bullets in one hole, kaya! Ang reklamo lang ng instructor sa akin, wala akong ka safety-safety sa katawan, basta mapatay/matamaan lang ang target bahala na! Well, kawawa ang target sa akin. Lahat ng tama nya puro sa head and heart area. Tsk!


That target shooting day freed me from something.


Before we left, I asked for one last date with the pistol and 5 more bullets.


Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.


1 to the head. 4 straight to the heart. With just one name and one thought inside my head…….









………… Katrina, wag kang titili!”




don't even think about it





No comments: