Thursday, August 21, 2008

Please Don't Stop The Music -- on banning barops

Backtrack a bit:

Just graduated from Law School. Spent a few months studying and trying to cram everything up inside my head. I started panicking a week before the first Sunday, i think. It wasn't such a good season for me. Was trying to deal with missed lessons, stress, lazy crazy attacks, etc. Truth is, because so much has happened, I don't even want to remember my bar season. Haha. I must admit though na always ako excited for the bar weekends. I'll be with my sisses and I'll plan what to wear for Sunday ekek. Haha. And of course, being the pa-star that I am, super love ko walking to DLSU with a panicky irita face tapos all the people are looking pa at you. hahaha. Loves it superr! Fun eh, i mean it adds color to the craziness of bar season. May mga tents jan sa tabi tabi, drums boom boom shebang, people screaming, cheering and everything. Maingay. Heavy Traffic. Magulo. Masaya. Super saya. Kaloka.





Now:


read this article.


Manila bans ‘bar ops’ for 2008 bar takers




Barops banned. Permits for barops organizers will no longer be issued. How unfair is that?! I was just having a YM conversation with Trinagar and super kami galit with this news. I mean, okay fine, really this thing causes bad traffic but it also boosts morale of the barristers and of course, big help sha sa mga barristers lalo na those from the province who can't afford to get a place of their own (for HQ purposes). Diba nga, they set up their own tents dun tapos they eat and cram na lang there. Inis talaga. Oo na bad traffic. I don't know ha, pero kasi for me and Trinagar, Barops is a tradition...especially the salubong part. So super hard to accept and imagine na banned na ang lahat ng yan. Tradition banned. For me, it's synonymous to saying wala nang procession, fiesta, christmas shopping, flores de mayo, etc. cause heavy traffic ang effect! HMP!!!!


I feel bad for my sisses who will be taking the bar this September. No drums boom boom shebang atmosphere coupled with stages, trucks and tents.


Tahimik. Walang bad traffic. Maayos. Nakakainis. Irita.





will be missed





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

anlabu naman nun. eh anu ngayon kung traffic? lagi namang traffic sa taft e! anung diff??

kung safety cguro nang tao ang nakataya cge. tsk. i cant believe tatanggalin nila to.

Anna said...

shooot. seryoso ba yan? final na yan?? f na f ko pa naman hearing the drums and the school cheers after the last exam. ibang experience siya. naman eh. paano na si pao niyan? kainis

treenich said...

diba diba as if naman nagkakahimatayan to death ang mga tao pag barops!!!

treenich said...

ewan ko shetttth talaga! as in naiinis ako momsy!!!


party pooper!