Thursday, March 06, 2008

MANAOAG TRIP 2008




After the Bigaloo time at Pino, I had to rush back home. We (that means me plus Gar, Jang, Nina, Wahoo and Nino) closed the resto at around 4:30 in the morning!! We didn’t even notice the time. My mother would have disowned me if I missed our Manaoag trip scheduled at 5am that morning.

Anyways, I was asleep the whole trip. My groovy grandma just woke me up and told me that we’re already in Manaoag Church. Major headache due to lack of sleep! But it’s okay, I guess. I have to deal with this. So, we did the usual things done in Manaoag: lit candles for our petitions; touched the robe of Our Lady of Manaoag while saying prayers; heard mass; went to their mini museum and bought religious trinkets for the people we left sleeping at home. Hihi.



left: The Manaoag Trip Gang









below: Groovy Lola with her faithfuls



You can say it’s a tradition. Well, for one thing, my mother is a big fan of the Lady of Manaoag. As for me, she already granted 2 big wishes I made in the past. But regardless of the petitions that’s she grants, I always find myself going back. Anyways, this whole candle-lighting thing reminded me of the time the sisses went to Manaoag before the bar exams. Imagine…(and I have to highlight the fact that this was Pat Bautista’s idea) Pat, Monica and I had to light one candle per bar exam subject that time. And we also lighted candles for barrister sisses who were not able to make it to the trip. Well, let’s see… nyiiii.

For this latest trip to Manaoag, I lit 7 candles. I can’t exactly say what my petitions were but I guess I can try to summarize (hihi). I lit candles for bar exams, family, and that thing I’ve been asking for since I-cant-remember-when. But most candles were really for the people I so want to forgive. Trust me. (and trust me it ends here because this blog space should be drama-free!!!!)


candles burning for various reasons



Well, let’s see…..



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo! So you have a non-multiply blog now. I shall link to your Official Statement. :D

Siela said...

hey trins! lahat ata nag mamanaoag na ha. hehe.

treenich said...

haha. balita ko nga eh! hihi.

treenich said...

yo cliff! hihi you caught me...

+vd said...

ako, i want true love. and i have it. finally. haha. kadiri.