Monday, March 17, 2008

ROADHOUSE EL PUEBLO


My Friday nights are usually spent drinking out with my sisses, law school or college friends. Anyways, thanks to the busy week that harassed me, I didn’t have the chance to schedule a gimik nor confirm attendance to any of the gimiks I was invited to. I actually thought I was about to give my mother a heart attack by going home early that Friday, but my officemates, who were really surprised by the fact that I had nothing scheduled that night, suddenly thought of us having our gimik night. Caron, Grace and Obet are the closest to me when it comes to the office scene. Anyways, this is the first time we actually went out for a couple of drinks!!! We first headed to Sidebar, but as expected, no more seats available due to the Ortigas-based yuppies who came in earlier. Huhuhuhu. We decided to go to Roadhouse instead. It was a good decision actually.


The food was delicious, although I must admit, the veggies….tsk, kind of dry and bland. To those planning to try Roadhouse, I suggest you order the Blue Marlin or the R thing Chicken (gosh, I am so bad when it comes to memorizing stuff written on the menu). Also, for bar chows, the Jesse James sampler is a must for those who want to get a taste of everything but don’t want to spend too much (kuripsies! Haha.) In the event you crave for dessert, the Oreo Mud Pie should be top priority. At Php 210, the same could be shared by 3 to 4 people. Lastly, and most importantly, during happy hours (around 9, I think, until closing time), beer is at Php35 per bottle. Not bad!



Jesse James Sampler


Oreo Mud Pie


I had so much fun that night. I had the venue to tell the three of them the little problems that I have when it comes to work and office. Big thanks to them for verifying that they also experienced everything that I am going through; that I’ll be just fine; and that I should not worry much about bar results because panicking to the core is only justified at most 2 days before the actual release of bar results. They have a point, actually. Anyways, it was really a fun and interesting night for all of us. I must admit though that to a certain extent I was kind of pressured because my officemates have never seen me with a beer bottle. They’ve heard stories of my drinking sprees and they sure informed me that they want to see if my so-called capacity for drinking is not a product of mere exaggeration. Hihi. Well, you know the rest.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shucks, it's so nice you found people from work you can go out with noh! expanding circles. and my gosh, pansin ko lang, puro fish ang order mo ha??? pati don sa pino!

treenich said...

ehem...ehem....may nagaattempt magpapayat