Thursday, March 13, 2008

WHAT THE?!




Yes, that’s a snake inside a liquor bottle! The boys tried to scare me with that and congratulations they freaked the crappy out of me. I mean, what’s the snake doing inside the bottle, right? Wahoo gave this long speech about fertility spells in the olden times, then right before the speech ended, he said it’s in no way connected to the snake liquor. So anyways…I tried to answer my own question. As stated in one webpage,


“To prepare this incredible beverage a cobra snake or some scorpions are put into a bottle fulfilled with transparent rice wine liquor and some herbs are added before the drink is left to ferment for months. The venomous cobra snake used to make Snake wine is preserved to have the snake poison dissolved in the rice wine, but because snake venoms are protein-based they are inactivated by the denaturing effects of ethanol, and no more dangerous, but this makes a healthy liquor with many health benefits.” As in health benefits? Call me stupid, but REALLY?!?!




Really, as in health benefits? Thanks, but no, thanks. Sticking to snake-less drinks! :)






No comments: