Thursday, March 13, 2008

SO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BLOGGING?




I learned about the article through Jegoisms, and I simply felt the need to react. You can read the article through http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=goodLife2_mar10_2008 .


Yes, it’s so easy to diss or bash someone through blogging; and yes, it is undeniable that there are those who hide behind pseudonyms when blogging or even commenting. Despite that, I still don’t think said instances can ever be considered as justification for this statement:


“But blogging, aside from Perez Hilton and the other big time bloggers (you know who you are) is for me a slacker job or a medium and pastime for lonely people to connect. Unless you’re in bloody Siberia or in a Gulag prison, try stepping outside your comfort zone and turn off the laptop or pc, you just might find some real live people to talk to instead of typing away in cyber space.”


The author of the statement, in fairness to her, also listed a number of things that she liked about blogging (like it’s a good source of info; that people can exchange views and ideas through blogs). What I really didn’t like about the article is the fact that she made it appear that bloggers are like journalist wannabes who unfortunately do not have enough knowledge as regards “certain guidelines that govern the freedom of speech”; that they write simply because they don’t have anything better to do.



I’ve been blogging for quite some time now, and honestly, I was insulted by the article. Truth is, I enjoy b logging because I get to share to friends things I’ve experienced, emotions I’ve felt, or places I’ve been to. Oh, and yeah, blogging never made me feel the need to get out in order to “find some real live people to talk to.” In fact sometimes, my Momsy and I even go out just so we can blog about something new. Hey, I am not trying to justify my blogging. I’m just saying I was insulted by the article.


Oh well, I can’t blame her anyways because she was simply airing out her opinions and maybe feelings concerning anonymous bloggers. It just really started to look bad when she started to use statements criticizing bloggers in general.


My name is Trina Ilarde. And I didn’t like that article.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"my name is trina ilarde." talk about powerful endings. gad, I lovet!!!!

treenich said...

ahaha.imagine kung "journalist" ako! eh di mas maganda pa siguro ang ending! hihi

Unknown said...

nice!